Tuesday 7 October 2008

Counting my blessings

Recently,a friend sent this text to me from Nigeria.It said"its been 20years that i ve known u.I want u 2 know that i love u very much.tanxs 4 puttin up wit me all dis yrs.its bn a blessin knowin u.missin u.God be wit u"-B.That was thotful.

The past month of September is one that always brings a lot of memories .Most school calenders start in the month of September and it is always a season of making new friends.It's just one week today from September, but today I look back with gratitude to God for friendships made over 20 years ago when I first started out in Secondary school.These friendships have stood the tests of time.We have known the laughter and sorrows of each other ,our families and it is just so good to remember those years when we did not seem to have a care .I always say that apart from salvation and my family,the next best gift God gave me are my friends.
Their strength,support,rebuke(o yes,that's needed),truth over the years have helped me to weather through the storms and joys of this life.

Do you know a friend who has been there for you?I know that even as much as we strive to be Christlike,we all know a few people who we would honestly not refer to as friends.O yes,almost everytime they give a ring,it is because they have a request,,and they are there to teach us longsuffering.Whenever I think of them,I think about how Jesus related with Judas knowing fully well he was stealing out of the bag.That bag could be a viewed as a deposit bank..the relationship bank account.These people seem to specialize in making large withdrawals with little or no deposits.I am not talking about them today.I am talking about those who have been there and I am not saying thay they are perfect......who is however?

Do you have a friend like that today?Who has been there for you.Apart from thanking God and whispering a prayer on their behalf today,I encourage you to pick up the phone,send a text message,or an e-mail and tell them that you appreciate them.It is great to let them know that when you count your blessings,they are in your list.

Continue to flourish as you count your blessings,

Grace Tom-lawyer

No comments: