Monday 6 October 2008

Words....use wisely

"A word fitly spoken and in due season is like apples of gold in settings of silver"Prov 24 v.11 Ampl.

I took a long break from my house cell meetings and was planning on returning since the reason for the break was over.O,I had exams to do,glad to let you know I passed (celebrations already over!).So I was in church when one of the kids from my cell group walked up to me and said"auntie,why don't we see you in house cell anymore?"

Honestly that left me thinking and it was so thotful.I had actually sent texts to my leaders and some members of the house fellowship saying I would be absent for some time.I forgot to tell the children also and she reminded me of how wonderfully sincere children are.It also reminded me of the time David was going through stuff and his friend Jonathan told him"you will be missed because your seat will be empty.."1Sam 20v.18 NIV(italics mine).You need to read the story.

I thought to myself that if a child could notice that I had not been coming,that means that my seat was empty and I said to the Lord"I don't want my seat to be empty anymore,help me to co-ordinate and strike a balance between all the activities I have to do".
Perhaps you are wondering what happened to the list of things you outlined to do this year,or you have found yourself clearly out of balance and you feel you would soon loose your mind if you do not slow down.
Just sometime ago,we were saying Happy New Year and suddenly,it is another Christmas in less than 12weeks.

It is not too late to ask God for wisdom to strike a balance and have the right words as He will gladly tell you. Him.Jas 1 v.5NLT

No comments: