Saturday 4 October 2008

When I was a child(i)

You know it is so easy to be impatient and wonder what is wrong with some new christian and how foolish and utterly zealous the wrong way they may seem most times.But recently,I started beginning to recap how it was when I first became a christain(some 20+x)years ago.I and my friends as typical of new christaians devoured the scriptures with as much available time as we had.And we practically took everything as literally as possible and shared our various revelations.
Then one of us stumbled upon a revelation in Psalm 91.You guessed rite.The following verses "for he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go.They will hold you with their hands to keep you from striking your foot on a stone" Psalm 91v.11&12.NLT.

However the issue with that verse was that in the boarding school where we were(niaja) ,there were lot of stones which we used to demarcate paths and for aesthetics.So we started walking carefully but whenever you hit your foot against any stone,you had to stop and find that sin you had committed that had made the angels leave you at that time.

Hmm,I see you laughing but that was how we thought then and I tell you sometimes it was difficult to find what you had done wrong but that was our revelation.I thank God we know better now,realizing that God's protection over us and his love is constant.Moreso that we do not need to wait to hit stones to know we have done wrong but have developed a sensitive conscience to the promptings of the Spirit.

Maybe you remember one of those revs of those days.It will be nice to share them as I will try to do anytime I remember.It just helps my sense of humour.
Have a blessed day

No comments: