Wednesday 15 October 2008

You've got mail!

During my undergraduate days,we had a Bible study in fellowship where the question for debate was whether Jesus ever laughed.Some brethen got up and said there is no scriptural reference to Jesus laughing!hmmm.Well after a lot of delibration,one brother said that we can infer that Jesus laughed because children came to him and children do not normally want to be with an adult that is frowning or not playful!

Well,I have an elder brother who I look up to because of his great writing skills and the humour with which he writes.Because I am asking the Lord to increase my sense of humour,I will be sharing as much as possible, some of the humorous mails he sends to me with his permission.I am subject to the Data Protection Act.Please enjoy the one he sent sometime ago shortly after the census in my country.

From: "Godwin Tom-Lawyer"
Subject: Re: Why I never marry!

In recent times I have been questioned as regards my marital status (wetin concern dem? my Mama no complain), I usually parry such questions with standard responses such as "If I dont get married in 2007, then it will be 2008, if not 2009 or maybe 2010". The questioner usually walks away in laughter (Problem solved!)At other times I have had to respond "na the money we dey find", to which the retort is "you dont need money to marry" (Havn't they heard that song "No romance without finance"?).

Anyway some are brave enough to ask how much I need "N100 million would be a good starting point, infact if you give me the N100 million I'll let you choose an additional bride and name my first child male/female after you" Of course they dont have N100 million to give me. So I'm left alone. (Thank God!).

But the one thing I have refused to do is to say "we are still looking for the girl" God help you if you ever acknowledge needing help in that department.A friend who did had several passport pictures of apparently beautiful females sent to him, but on a sighting of the damsels...wahala dey... one particularly beautiful girl had a k-leg which according to my cousin Jumble "the babe k-leg start from armpit" (God abeg!)

Another friend asked his mother to send him a girl from the village "wey im eye never open" the poor woman sent a blind person!Another one said the people in the television were staring at her (okay, I'm lying! call Police for me)

However with the announcement of the recent census results my work has been cut out for me, my reason:"DONT YOU LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY? THERE ARE MORE MEN THAN WOMEN!"

PS: Truth is by the time you subtract the females you are related to, those who are married (monogamous/polygamous), engaged, about to marry and otherwise structurized, children, grannies, nuns, etc etc the demand far outsrips the supply i.e. the shortage is acute.(Q.E.D)Abeg make una leave me jare, I still dey office!



Hope u had a good laugh like I did ......
Life is meant to be enjoyed
laugh more!!


Grace Tom-lawyer.

No comments: