Friday 3 October 2008

dwelling safely

"The children of your servants shall dwell safely and continue ,and their descendants shall be established before you"Psalms 102:28..Ampl.

As part of my resolve for the last quarter of the year,I planned to study 5 chapters of Psalms and 1 chapter of Proverb daily and I came across this promise for the children of the righteous and it reminded me of an incident during one holiday when I was a teen.

I was watching a TV show when a commercial came up.It was by an insurance commpany urging people to take a life insurance.Apart from potraying a grieving family(in most African setting,the widow wears black),it also showed their house destroyed by fire and the children not being able to continue their education.The family was in obvious distress.The caption that later came up was how different things would have been if they had been insured.
Well in my little mind and in a flashI jst tthought about what would happen to us if something happened to my dad.
I turned and asked "daddy,who is our insurance company?"
He replied in five words that over the decades I have been ruminating over .
He said,"Grace,we insure with God".
That was a defining moment for me and I thank God for the wisdom with which my father answered me.I did not understand the depth of that truth then.
I am not against insurance but over the years I have tasted what it means to be insured with God.....when the bills come and you do not even have a job and He sends someone to give you some money.He is not like insurance companies who will need to do all manner of investigations before you are paid because He is there,was there when the incident occured,knows which will even occur next.....hmmm..no wonder He says He is acquainted with the birds in the forest.That is whay He is God.
I am GLAD(don't know about you)with the N0 1 insurance policy that I have.This insurance covers myself and all the memebers of my family,property and everything that concerns me.It is comprehensively comprehensive.Like the Psalmist I can say of Him"You are my portion in the land of the living"

No comments: